- INTERPOL Nairobi
Member since :
1 October 1968
The Kenya Police Service
Headed by a Commissioner of Police who commands a force of more than 35,000 officers, the Kenya Police Service (KPS) is a department of the Ministry of State for Provincial Administration and Internal Security. Its Headquarters are located in Nairobi's Central Business District.
The General Service Unit is an independent paramilitary mobile police force used for the apprehension of dangerous, syndicated or armed criminals.
To be a world class police service, with a people-friendly, responsive and professional workforce.
Committed to providing quality police services to meet the expectations of our customers by upholding the rule of law and creating and maintaining strong partnerships for conducive social, economic and political development of Kenya.
KPS core functions
- Maintenance of law and order;
- Preservation of peace;
- Protection of life and property;
- Prevention and detection of crime;
- Apprehension of offenders;
- Law enforcement.
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Kenya deals with a number of priority crime areas. These include:
- Drugs and organized crimes;
- Financial and high-tech crimes;
- Motor vehicle theft crimes;
- Public safety and terrorism;
- Environmental crime;
- Maritime piracy.
East Africa’s Operation Mamba III bolsters fight against counterfeit medicines with INTERPOL-IMPACT support
Red Notices 4
MIRIAM ACHIENG Age today: 35 years old
Nationality: Kenya , Finland
YAGNESH MOHANLAL Age today: 48 years old
SHEZAD Age today: 37 years old
Yellow Notices 1
EFFIE PAMELA Age today: 37 years old
Nationality: Switzerland , Kenya
- 48th INTERPOL General Assembly - 4-11 September 1979
- 5th African Regional Conference - 1976 - Nairobi